Rothman Furniture Stores
Serving St Louis for 4 Generations
The first Rothman store was opened by brothers Joe, Isadore and Milton Rothman in 1927 with an investment of $300.00! Their new company became the first St. Louis area distributor of car heaters. Rothmans also installed the first radios in St. Louis City ambulances and fire trucks in 1936.
After World War II, the Rothman brothers branched out from tires and automobile supplies to include home radios and records, kitchen furniture and appliances, and, ultimately, a full line of home furnishings. During this period of growth, Rothman was the first company to advertise NO DOWN PAYMENT, a revolutionary offer for the times.
In the late 40s, Rothman introduced the concept of a Discount Club to the St. Louis area. A huge assortment of items was consolidated into one, large store/warehouse. Rothman customers used shopping passes to receive special discounts on furniture, appliances, electronics, jewelry and toys. Rothman also distributed the first shopping catalogue west of the Mississippi River.
In 1963, the new Rothman location on Natural Bridge Road in north St. Louis County became the first Rothman Furniture Store to deal exclusively in retail home furnishings. The popular slogan Buy by the roomful and save at Rothman originated during this period where St. Louis shoppers enjoyed the convenience of buying sofa, loveseat, chair, lamps and table grouped together for one low price.
In 1973, Rothman Furniture opened their second store and warehouse on Watson Road in south St. Louis County, and by the early 1980s, four more stores were added to the rapidly growing chain, including Rothmans first Southern Illinois location.
The 150,000 square-foot O'Fallon, Missouri Central Office, Warehouse and Showroom opened in 1984 and remains the hub of the chain.
There are currently six conveniently located, full service Rothman Furniture showrooms throughout the metropolitan St Louis area.
2018 © Rothman Furniture. All Rights Reserved.
eCommerce Design & Shopping Cart Software by Miva Merchant