1. WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED.
We collect a limited amount of personal information from you in certain areas of RothmanFurniture.com website (the "Website"). The following is a description of what information is collected:
- We do not collect personal information from you unless you provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly. RothmanFurniture.com does not require that you register or provide information to generally view the Website. We collect personal information such as names, addresses, zip codes, and e-mail addresses voluntarily submitted.
- An IP address is a number assigned to your computer when you connect to the Internet. As part of the protocol of the Internet, web servers can identify your computer by its IP address. In addition, web servers may be able to identify the type of browser and/or type of computer you are using. RothmanFurniture.com collects IP addresses and related information for the purposes of system administration, to assess the traffic to the Website and to maintain and improve the Website. We do not link IP addresses to your personally identifiable information. We can and will use IP addresses, however, to identify a user when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our Website Terms and Conditions or to protect our service, the Website, customers or others.
2. WHO IS COLLECTING THIS INFORMATION.
RothmanFurniture.com collects the information described above via the Website. In the case of third party features such as advertising, co-branded areas or links to other websites, such third parties may also collect information. You should review the applicable privacy policies of these third parties before providing personally identifiable information. RothmanFurniture.com is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
3. USE AND DISTRIBUTION OF INFORMATION.
RothmanFurniture.com does not exchange, lease or sell your name or e-mail address information. RothmanFurniture.com does not provide, sell or make available its customer list, or any part or subset of its customer data, to any third parties. Data that we have about you is for RothmanFurniture.com's use only. RothmanFurniture.com will not "spam" you and may contact you on issues regarding the use of our services or with the delivery of the RothmanFurniture.com Email Blasts if you choose to sign up.
RothmanFurniture.com may, from time to time, share limited customer information with companies it hires to provide operational, marketing or advertising support, companies that help us distribute our products and services, or companies that provide products and services RothmanFurniture.com wants to offer. The companies RothmanFurniture.com chooses must satisfy our security and privacy requirements. RothmanFurniture.com shares your information with these companies only if they agree to treat it confidentially and only if it is legally permissible to do so. RothmanFurniture.com limits the information it provides these companies to what it reasonably believe they "need to know" in connection with their agreement with RothmanFurniture.com, and RothmanFurniture.com do not permit them to use our customer information for any purposes outside our oversight or control.
- Government Authorities and Litigation.
- Sometimes a law, court order, or other judicial or administrative process requires us to provide information to a government authority or party to a private lawsuit. RothmanFurniture.com will provide the information that it in good faith believes is required to comply with the law, order, or other process. RothmanFurniture.com may also have to disclose certain information in court documents if is has to bring an action against you, for example, to collect a debt you owe RothmanFurniture.com.
4. WITH WHOM THE INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED.
Except as described above, RothmanFurniture.com will not knowingly disclose or authorize the disclosure of personal identifiable information (other than aggregate statistical information) to any third party without your consent unless (1) we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may have breached our Website Terms and Conditions or who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) RothmanFurniture.com's rights or property, other Website users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities or (2) we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
5. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES.
6. SECURITY PROCEDURES WE USE.
We are very concerned with the security of your personally identifiable information and take great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us.
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology from VeriSign to protect the security of your credit card and personal information as they are transmitted to us. SSL is the gold standard in Internet encryption technology. It is a highly sophisticated method of scrambling data as it travels from your computer directly to our credit card processor's servers. To make sure you are accessing our secure server before you submit personal financial information, look at the lower right-hand corner of your browser. If you see an unbroken key or a closed lock icon (depending on your browser), then SSL is active. To double-check for security, look at the URL or web address line of your browser. If you've accessed a secure server, the first characters of the address in that line should change from "http" to "https."
Some browser versions and some firewalls don't permit communication through secure servers like the ones we use to process orders at RothmanFurniture.com. If for any reason you cannot access the secure server, please feel free to place your order with us by phone at (877) 704-0002. Our home furnishing advisors will be happy to assist you.
Once we receive your information, we take appropriate steps that we believe are reasonable to protect the security of your data on our system, both internally and from outsiders, and to ensure the integrity of the data we collect. We use a combination of technological and policy methods to protect this data. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and any account information. Please be aware that RothmanFurniture.com will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or e-mail.
7. CHANGES IN THESE TERMS.